Friday, March 1, 2013

Daily Art Practice: Mad Men Red

Happy Friday! The last two days I have been keeping up with my daily art practice of sketching small, usually in the morning before diving into work, but haven't had the chance to share on my blog.

One of today's illustrations is this retro style redhead on pink paper. I have really been having fun with opaque inks and colored pencils on the colored papers. I think it helps to bring in an added layer of creative to my pieces, since the color paper tends to dictate the doodle.

 Here is a quick snapshot of my redhead in progress. I love how fun it is to play with an idea and not no where it goes - I had thought to stop at the opaque ink, but the addition of the color pencils brought it to a more finished level.


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be playing in the gorgeous weather we have been having around here!

No comments: