Monday, June 24, 2013

Pink Ink: Peony Ink Illustrations

Happy Monday my creative friends! Hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing summer weekend.

We kicked off the summer season with margaritas during Santa Barbara's Summer Solstice parade and ended Saturday with a dip in the pool with fabulous friends.



In a nod to the free spirited nature of the parade I created a couple of flower crowns for me and my BFF to rock during the festival. Wired faux flowers and some extra wire for tying it all together are all you need! (Can you tell I shot this in the car?)

In between outdoor gatherings with friends I have been playing around with some of Prismacolors' super fun art markers. The doubled ended (chisel and fine tip) pens make for some fun contrasting texture. So far I have been experimenting with loose floral shapes using the large chisel edges. I plan on framing this sketch to hang in my bathroom. I kinda love its vintage 70's feel.


No comments: