Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Spring to Summer Flower Crowns

Happy summer everyone!
Spring, and May in particular, was a bustling month for me. A trip to Italy and Amsterdam for 3 weeks, topped off with a beach house excursion and a trip to Philadelphia for a design conference (AIGA, anyone?). It was a great way to kick off the beginning of my favorite time of year.

In recent spring and summery months on the fashion blog scene I have seen an increase in the oh, so fancy flower crown. I make no judgements. In fact, I find the wearing of flowers on ones head to be a delightful way to showcase flower blooms. Why hide them away in your unvisited kitchen when you can top your crop with the seasons bounty?

Some of my favorite flower crown looks  from the blogs I regularly visit:

  


  



From all this lovely flower crown inspiration I illustrated my Spring and Summer Princesses. These lovely ladies embody the feeling of the seasons, all topped off with a royal crown of flowers.

spring-flower-crown

summer-flower-crown

No comments: